I am very proud to announce that we have updated our Aion Item database with 2.5 data, but we did so much more and added new functionality to it as well. First of all we have updated our item tooltips and they look much more like their counterparts in the game. What I am really proud of is the addition of the Your Equipment section and the Equipping mechanism. There is an “Equip” link next to each item and you by clicking on it you add it to, what I would call, your ideal item build. All other items of same type you hover over will be compared to the equipped item in a nice side-by-side tooltip. All of the equipped items are shown in the “Your Equipment” section and there is a permalink that you can share with your friends or post them on forums...
Today NCsoft announced that Aion new content Update 2.6 will be live on the test servers on July 28th and will be released on the live servers on August 3rd.
- The “Crucible Challenge”, a solo version of the Empyrean Crucible instance, with a bonus round!
- A new auto-party matching system for Nochsana Training Camp, Fire Temple, Steel Rake, Draupnir Cave, Dark Poeta, Udas Temple, Lower Udas Temple, and the Empyrean Crucible instances!
- Difficulty level adjustments to Dark Poeta, Empyrean Crucible and Beshmundir Temple!
- A new pet, the Runaway Poppy, which has a chance to provide its master with Platinum Medals!
- New conditioning stones to make your gear even better!
- Improvements to boss looting in Fire Temple and Steel Rake...
As of 2.6, Named Monsters such as Kromede the Corrupt and Brass-Eye Grogget no longer drop random Fabled weapons or piece of armor, but Fabled Loot Chests which contain one weapon or armor suitable for the character class that opens it.
- Fabled Weapon and Armor Chests can be traded with Group members for a short period of time.
- However, Fabled weapons and armor contained within Fabled Weapon and Armor Chests cannot be traded.
- When opening a Fabled Weapon Chest, there are at least two weapons each class can acquire. However, there is a higher likelihood that the most desirable weapons for each class will drop.