I am very proud to announce that we have updated our Aion Item database with 2.5 data, but we did so much more and added new functionality to it as well. First of all we have updated our item tooltips and they look much more like their counterparts in the game. What I am really proud of is the addition of the Your Equipment section and the Equipping mechanism. There is an “Equip” link next to each item and you by clicking on it you add it to, what I would call, your ideal item build. All other items of same type you hover over will be compared to the equipped item in a nice side-by-side tooltip. All of the equipped items are shown in the “Your Equipment” section and there is a permalink that you can share with your friends or post them on forums...
Today NCsoft announced that Aion new content Update 2.6 will be live on the test servers on July 28th and will be released on the live servers on August 3rd.
- The “Crucible Challenge”, a solo version of the Empyrean Crucible instance, with a bonus round!
- A new auto-party matching system for Nochsana Training Camp, Fire Temple, Steel Rake, Draupnir Cave, Dark Poeta, Udas Temple, Lower Udas Temple, and the Empyrean Crucible instances!
- Difficulty level adjustments to Dark Poeta, Empyrean Crucible and Beshmundir Temple!
- A new pet, the Runaway Poppy, which has a chance to provide its master with Platinum Medals!
- New conditioning stones to make your gear even better!
- Improvements to boss looting in Fire Temple and Steel Rake...
As of 2.6, Named Monsters such as Kromede the Corrupt and Brass-Eye Grogget no longer drop random Fabled weapons or piece of armor, but Fabled Loot Chests which contain one weapon or armor suitable for the character class that opens it.
- Fabled Weapon and Armor Chests can be traded with Group members for a short period of time.
- However, Fabled weapons and armor contained within Fabled Weapon and Armor Chests cannot be traded.
- When opening a Fabled Weapon Chest, there are at least two weapons each class can acquire. However, there is a higher likelihood that the most desirable weapons for each class will drop.
Aion team announced site maintenance on July 28, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. PDT (more) that will last approximately 5 hours . Some of the changes coming to the website are:
- My Aion: Main character selector (carries over to forum login) – This will let you change your main character.
- My Aion: Level History – You can see a progression of your level history.
- My Aion: Friends & Legions – Be able to see if your friends or legion mates are online from the website!
- My Aion: 3D Character Viewer – Still has a few kinks, but we’ve upgraded the 3D character viewer.
- My Aion: Base Stats (missing stats should now be showing)
- Server Info: New Abyss maps (Balurea)
- Forums: Incorrectly redirecting users – This issue should be resolved.
The Aion 2.6 update introduces seven new Godstones that can be acquired from the bonus stage of the Crucible Challenge. In the Crucible Challenge, players will receive a repeatable quest to defeat Vanktrist SpaceTwine five times. Once the repeatable quest is completed five times, a rift to the bonus stage will open at the final stage of the Crucible Challenge. In the bonus stage, players will face off against the Tiamat Assassin or an NPC of the opposing race, both of which have a chance to drop some nice loot. The Tiamat Assassin has a chance to drop a wide range of items, including Enchantment Stones, Manastones, and Balic crafting materials.
The NPC of the opposing race also has a chance to drop Enchantment Stones and Manastones, but also Gold Medals, Platinum Medals, and the new Cru...
Aion team announced today new auto-looting pet – Worg of Dead, which can be purchased in Aion Store
It’s not cuddly, but this snarling bundle of claws and fangs will be your new best friend. The Worg of the Dead might be undead, blood-soaked, and look as if it could eat other pets for breakfast, but it’s got more than just its awesome good looks. Your loyal worg will automatically loot your kills for you, so you’ll never overlook a spellbook or a dagger again.
After your purchase, you can apply your new pet to each character on your account. Then after you log in to the game, your character will receive a pet egg in the in-game express mail...